Saturday, July 18, 2009

Time of My Life

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday...Same rountines, repeat again and again. But this Wednesday, 15 July, really stood out. Why ?

This is why :-
I was one of the eight students who got this golden opportunity to participate in the NST-NIE Creative Writing Workshop , which was held in SMK Seremban Jaya, at 8.30 am until 3.30 pm. Cool, eh ?

Anyway, I can say that this is one of the things I have done and never have a single regret...The whole day is perfect...

Basically, this workshop was all about how to put your opinions and thoughts on paper in English. We started off with free writing. Then, we had to do mind-map, picture captioning, opinion pieces and reviews...We got to sing The Time Of My Life by David Cook too ! Awesome ! It was all group work, and that worked for me. We no need to speak to a large crowd of audience or go to the satge to do dancing or acting. This was all about writing by using your creativity. Mind you, this workshop also prepared us to become a journalist . Amazing, right ?

We had two tea times and a lunch hour. The food was awesome ! The school is huge, quiet and peaceful. Except one thing and the thing made me appreciate my school more...The toilets of this school isn't at the ground floor, but the second floor! Oh dear !

And now, lets talk about the wonderful new friends I have made...We were all sorted into groups according to our birthdays, which is June, in my case. In my group, there're different races, I'm the only chinese. But this didn't stop me from talking to them. We had a wonderful time together !

So, can you say that this isn't a good day ? An imformative workshop, nice people and awesome food...You wouldn't be able to assist it !

No comments:

Post a Comment