Sunday, July 3, 2011

Collecting...?

Ever since I was a kid, I have associated myself with the verb collecting or the noun collection. Yup, you heard that right. The first thing I started collecting was stamps lol. I started that when I was 7. I got this idea from a textbook of mine and decided to try it out. I found it extremely interesting , don't ask why lol.(That sounds familiar with the present me under different circumstances :o ) Upon realising my interest in collecting stamps, my family started giving me stamps and my mum bought me my first ever stamp album.This hobby of mine (one and only at that time) lasted for 5 years ! Unbelievable !

And then, I moved on to collect stickers. But I don't think it was a serious hobby. It all started when my English teacher asked us whether we have any weird hobbies lol. And then the 11-year-old me told her, ' I collect stickers'. LOL. ROFL.

Anyway, moving on, entering the next chapter in my life, which was my secondary school life, I stopped collecting anything for a while until recently I went on to collect BOOKS. Yup, that's right. I wonder why this hasn't come sooner lol. I love reading for the longest time and I only started to collect books recently ? Weird... Perhaps only now I know how to cherish each and every books that I laid my hands on. And that leads me to the road to collect books.

Collecting books isn't as easy as you think it is when you see it as a serious matter, much like collecting stamps, really. In order to make your collection unique, you have to have first editions of every books, good condition of books and if possible, the autographs of your favourite authors. Having said that, my collection of books is on its way to greatness. My primary principle of collecting books is to collect all the books that I love :D Considering that my parents are willing to spend hundreds on books, I have no problem with my new found hobby :D

Just the feel of the hardcover books on my hands and the smell of new yellowish recycled papers in the books are enough to send me into a dreamy state and float on cloud nine in heaven...

No comments:

Post a Comment