Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Eyesight

Okay, I'm worried.

So I know I couldn't see very well, and I went and got my eyesight checked. Done.

Now..with everything settled, I'm worried about what if I got it all wrong ? What if I got it wrong during the time when I was supposed to read out the tiny letters and figures on the screen ? And if i got that wrong, I'll lead the optician to believe a different result, and then the power of my lens will be wrong and then my new glasses will be the wrong one as well. OMG.

Yes, yes, I know. I'm being silly.

But really, when the optician covered one of my eyes and I'm told to read using solely the other eye...I think I did read it using both eyes...but then...after a while, I did read it during one eye...I think. And then during those final moments, I think i could see the stuffs on the screen clearly...but not so much the smallest letters and figures...but..am i suppose to see everything so clearly ? and so insanely sharp ? And what is up with the shadows and strange striking lights on the screen when the optician changes a higher power lens ? Is that the indication that the lens' power is too high ? Is that it ?

And when i went outside and looked around using the new lens, it all seemed alright. I could see clearly and kinda sharp. But..is that really the exact right lens' power ? Or perhaps there's no ''exact right'' ones ? Maybe it all depends on how an individual likes it ? But then...wouldn't it be bad for the eyes if one is wearing the lens that aren't the exact right ones ?

I just don't get it.

You know what ? Sometimes I'd like to be a kid again and not to know all the eyesight stuffs . I didn't really know and understand 3 years ago. I just went ahead and did what I was told to do, regardless it's right or wrong. And to be honest, I didn't really know the power of my lens in the exact figures last time. And I didn't know how much it costed for a new pair of glasses. I knew nothing and am not aware of anything except choosing a new frame for the glasses.

Sometimes knowing stuffs makes things worse. And when the moment comes that makes you not knowing, cause you to worry.

*sigh*

I don't know. I don't know what to think or what to do.

All I could do is hope for the best and let the new glasses suit me well...which I don't really know now whether the frame will be alright for me ...having a lot of second thoughts now.

*sigh*

2 comments: