Monday, December 17, 2012

I’m BACK!! And It’s HOLIDAY TIME!!!!


Come to think of it, this is the first ever long period holiday I have after I entered college so it’s kinda awesome :D


Anyways, I know I have neglected this whole blog-writing task for quite some time. So I’m glad to say that I AM BACK , people !!! But I can’t exactly promise that I’ll continue writing when college classes start again next year…but I shall try my very best to write some stuffs…But then again, there’s a high possibility that I won’t have anything interesting to write about rather than attending classes LOL !


Well *cough cough* moving on, I’d like to share with you what I want to do, what I have been doing during this holiday season, some thoughts about it. Christmas stuffs and of course, the preparation for next year, 2013, which I think this whole ‘’the world going to end’’ thing is nonsense. I assure you, we’ll all have to wake up on the morning of 21 December and find ourselves and the world is still the same as yesterday when we go to bed >.< But nevertheless, we shall just see what will happen then. Oh yeah! They too say that the world is going to have blackout for 3 days? Well, I have no idea how to make of that, but as I said, WE SHALL WAIT AND SEE!


Basically, what I want to do for this holiday season are read the novels I bought, write my story, A Kingdom of Roses ( which I’d like to make it as a Christmas present ) and also poems and some Christmas short stories like I did last year. I might also get a chance to go for a vacation, but that is still under discussion with Mum.


So far, I have finished reading 2 fictions, The Perks of Being a Wallflower and A Time For Everything by Joycelyn Ong!


The Perks of Being A Wallflower is a deeply genuine and moving story about coming of age and discovery of new things and challenges in life. It’s rather deep and thoughtful by the way the author wrote it and the emotions and thoughts of the main character connect to the readers in an amazing way. Everyone can relate to this one way or another. It’s real and sincere and the fear, challenges and problems are all real. The writing style of the author and the way the story is presented is kinda special too. It’s presented in letters form throughout the story. Charlie writes letters that starts with ‘Dear Friend..’ and tell the ‘Friend’ and us, the readers, his life as being a Freshman in high school and his background, history and mental health. I watched the movie based on this story, and it’s beautifully done with the brilliant acting skills of Logan Lerman particularly and of course, the awesome Emma Watson. It’s amazing how Logan acts exactly like the way the main character, Charlie in the book would, with all the innocence, confusion, emotions, deep and it’s just WOW. Charlie= Logan, this is how I’d put it! Logan is just perfect, 100% perfect for this role. And for those of you who don’t know, Logan is the one who acted as Percy Jackson in the movie, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. So you can imagine my excitement when I got to know Logan is acting alongside with Emma Watson, from Harry Potter. Oh gosh, it’s the union of two people I love from the two book series I love!


Next up, is the story of A Time for Everything. It’s a story about people from our 21st century travel into another dimension, another past era, the 18-19th century and create a wonderful tale. This is one of the stories that I’m absolutely in awe with the plot and storyline. The storyline just blend together so smooth and flawlessly and it all make sense in the end with all the exciting twists within the story. The characters in the story and their relationships are beautifully connected and everything just seems right throughout the story. And it’s equally wonderful that the feelings that the author connects us readers to the characters. I hereby want to say a big THANK YOU to Joycelyn Ong for writing this story and sharing with us. And I feel honoured to be in this story! This is definitely one of the best Christmas presents I have received!


I have 3 more books await me to flip pages with my fingertips! 2 Percy Jackson related books and J.K Rowling’s first adult novel, The Casual Vacancy! I can’t wait to read them!


But in the meantime, I shall continue writing my medieval-themed story, A Kingdom of Roses! I’m actually excited to finish this story and offer it as a Christmas present. In my opinion, this’ll be one of the most meaningful presents one can give to their loved ones :)


Speaking of Christmas, I’ll also be writing some Christmas poems and short stories for entertainment, but only if I can do it, which I hope I can! I’m certainly determined to have those written out! And well, since it’s Christmas, lets just show some Christmas spirit! I think I’ll help to put up the Christmas tree like any other past years and go for Christmas shopping! It’s going to be worth it because there will be huge discounts in shopping malls, can’t wait! I do hope I’ll buy some amazing stuffs like clothes, shoes and some necessity back home and prepare for the new school year! And I think I’ll need to get myself a new pair of glasses…


Preparation for the new school year is indeed an important section to do during the holidays for me. I’m not the person who completely let loose during the holidays, but I do loose myself sometimes, I’m certainly not that uptight, thank you very much! Now it’s always been a tradition that I’d start revising the things I study for the new school year, yup, you read that right! I’d revise the things I learn before and start reading the things I’ll learn soon. I like to feel prepared and be ready at any time when I go back to college. I don’t want to be confused about what the lecturers said and I’d prefer to be on line with the lessons and don’t want to be left out. This is one of the things Dad taught me. He’s the one who mould me into this studious self and anything that have to do with books and literature. Therefore, I’m not ready to let him down and I want him and Mum to be happy and proud to call me their daughter and get good grades, have a bright future and have a good job later in life.


2012 is really an amazing and memorable year for me, all in all. It comes with hardships and bitterness, but it comes with fantastic experiences and success as well. I’d really want to write everything that happened to me throughout the year of 2012, but then again, I don’t think I would though. But for the people who have gone through everything, no matter how hard and sad or how happy and awesome it is, with me, I hereby want to thank you for being there with me and make everything alright again and make every wonderful moments even more amazing! I really don’t know where I’d be if I didn’t get any of the supports, advices and just ears that willing to listen. I feel that 2012 is a rather challenging year for me to explore more new things and experiences. I kinda feel like Charlie in The Perks of Being a Wallflower in some ways, but I know that he had it a lot worse than what I have gone through, seriously. I’m grateful that I’m given this will, faith and belief to be better and everything is alright in the end. I have absolutely no regrets for whatever that happened because everything happens for a reason and I shall move on and look forward to a brand new upcoming 2013!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being you, you are always a blessing to me! Glad that you like the story ;) I love your writings as well! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Da jie !!! :D It's a blessing that I know you !!

    ReplyDelete