Saturday, March 22, 2014

Insight: Choosing an University

So, what really went through my mind during the process of university-picking ?

Here we are.

It's said that it's good to dream BIG and put your vision as HIGH UP as possible. Therefore, I have been eyeing the UK universities for the longest time.

And since I have been thinking about flying over to the UK to study for so long, it's only right and reasonable for me to apply for the universities there through ucas.com

So I did. I applied for 5 universities.

Thankfully, I GOT THEM ALL.

Now, as any determined, headstrong and logical dream-chaser would GRAB those opportunities to fly over to the UK to study, I DID NOT.

I have my very own reasons, ie: the unsuitability of the actual degree courses, the lack of scholarships, the challenges of living abroad and so on.

But the sheer satisfaction of getting offers from universities that I applied for is enough for me. It proves to me that I CAN DO IT.

So then what did I do?

I went back to my first love, my dream university for years, an university close to home but has the legacy from the UK. For me, it is the perfect combination, just simply perfect and I know in my heart no matter what choices that come my way, I'll still pick it and that's WHAT MAKES IT THE RIGHT ONE.

An insight on choosing the right degree course will be coming up next. Stay tuned !

No comments:

Post a Comment