Saturday, December 29, 2012

On-flowing Thoughts

I should never read books before bedtime.

The result of that is just unbearable sometimes. Here I am, after reading The Casual Vacancy, mind buzzing with thoughts, whirling around all kind of different things, trains of thoughts round and round the head.

I dont have a livid idea of what my thoughts are about. They're just there and I'm just laying on the bed on my back, staring up at the ceiling. However I'm tired, I couldn't be able to rest my mind and sleep.

I know that I won't be the only teenager/ young adult to do that. No matter how much people seem to deny it, they all think deep from time to time. Thinking that why that happened to them in a particular time period and how things ever happened around them. Maybe about how their friendships with certain people turned out, relationships with their parents and perhaps about the society treats them the way it does.

It's just one of those numerous nights, where I'll just get sentimental over everything that happened to me in my life.

You know what ? I have said I dont really like J.K Rowling's The Casual Vacancy in the early days when I read it. But really, it's genuine and real in its dark scary ways. It isn't even a fiction to me anymore. It gives out the images about how cruel the society can be and the lies everybody loves to tell and truths and secrets that are concealed. Rowling has her reasons of presenting this book as an adult book. I was starting to think how complicated and messed-up is her mind when it makes her write this own thing down on papers. But now, as I realise when i read on, everything is just there for her to write about the society. Everything. She didn't have to think much into what she was writing. The dark, cruel, naked truth about the society around us. It's hard to cover up. But of course, there'll be some good sides of it. Surely. But more often than not, the evil triumphs over the good. And that's that.

Mum has always said I have high tastes in things and that I have my own reasons behind every one of it. She's right. There's no way I consider J.K Rowling as my idol without my own valid reason. She isn't just an author who wrote Harry Potter series. She's more than that. I love her writing styles. Her sincerity. Her boldness and courage. I'd really like to have a word with Dad about this soon. He has always told me Rowling has a rather messed-up thinking. Not exactly, Dad, not exactly.

It's like reading The Perks of Being A Wallflower again. The touching ache inside the heart and all the sentimental emotions. The genuine and sincerity of the contents in the books. It's completely different from the time I read Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and the Hunger Games. These two books are genuinely real and they lead to paths towards adulthood.

I could sit here and continue typing about my thoughts...but I dont think anyone would appreciate such confusing and messy thinking. And the thing is, I don't exactly know how to put it all down in words. I'm having such problem lately, perhaps because my thoughts whirl around too fast for me to comprehend.

I hereby wish everyone a nice life, a happy and peaceful life where dreams could come true and love is filled in your hearts and souls.


No comments:

Post a Comment